More improvements are needed
- Norfolk Chamber and partners are working with the A47 Alliance to support and lobby the business case for £260m+ of funding to dual the Acle Straight and the Tilney to East Winch section of the A47, near King’s Lynn, including the Hardwick flyover
- Suffolk Haughley Rail Junction upgrade
- Improved safety, journey times, capacity and frequency by: Infrastructure upgrade 2019 – 2024 needed: Ely area upgrade – signalling, junctions & bridge; double of Norwich Trowse swing bridge; South Colchester loops; South Chelmsford re-signalling and level crossing closures; upgrades along the GEML
Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing (GY3RC)
- Funding has been secured and construction is due to start in early 2021, with completion expected in 2023.
Norwich Western Link
- The Norwich Western Link is the missing link btween the Northern Broadway and the A47.
- It will facilitate easier access to both Norwich airport and Great Yarmouth port. It will further help to improve journeys into and around the west of the city, support potential housing and jobs growth; provide the infrastructure to manage the additional traffic this will create, and improve quality of life for people living in the area
Infrastructure on its own does not create jobs, it is the business community who do. Norfolk Chambers of Commerce wants to see that agreed transport improvements are delivered on time; further infrastructure barriers are removed; and new opportunities created, to ensure that Norfolk businesses have the levels of infrastructure needed to create new jobs and economic growth.
What are we doing?
The Chamber will influence and lobby central Government and work with local authorities, Local Enterprise Partnerships, our MPs and the A47 Alliance to ensure the business case for improved infrastructure is clearly heard.