You are here
Terms and Conditions
The term “Norfolk Chamber” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 9 Norwich Business Park, Whiting Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 6DJ. Our company registration number is 49631 in England. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Norfolk Chamber’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Events & Training
Email confirmation of your order will be sent on completion of your order. This is not a VAT invoice. Your VAT invoice will be sent to you between 7 days prior and 7 days following the event. If you require a VAT receipted invoice , please contact us.
Cancellation of Events and Training
All cancellations must be received in writing at least 2 working days prior to the event booked. Failure to cancel within this period will result in full payment becoming due.
Due to the nature of the orders, no delivery is required.
By joining the Norfolk Chamber you are agreeing to abide by the memorandum and articles of association – these are available on request.
The Chamber reserves the right to refuse or withdraw membership at any time.
Members are asked to advise the Chamber of changes in numbers of employees and company details including change of contact names.
Members subject to taxation are entitled to treat this subscription as a business expense in computing liability for tax. VAT No. 787 447 472
Email confirmation of your order will be sent on completion of your order. This is not a VAT invoice. A hard copy VAT invoice will be posted to you.
Cancellation of Membership Renewals
Subscription to the Norfolk Chamber is for a calendar year. This is a recurring annual subscription, payable in full or in instalments. In the event of non-payment of an instalment the full balance will become due for payment immediately.
Cancellation of renewals must be received in writing (or email) to the Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org at least one calendar month prior to renewal. Failure to cancel within this time will require payment of the subscription for that year in full.
All terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Tickets – All event tickets can be cancelled and issued a full refund under the condition that the ticket booking is cancelled in writing (email is accepted, email@example.com) more than two working days prior to the event. Any cancellation received less than two working days prior to the event will not receive a refund unless there are exceptional circumstances, this will be treated on a case-by-case basis. If the customer is using a voucher for an event ticket, the same cancellation policy will apply with the voucher being re-activated. No cash refund will be given if a voucher is used and cancelled within the cancellation period.
Courses /Training – All courses/training tickets can be cancelled, however a 15% cancellation fee applies if the course/training ticket is cancelled more than seven days prior to the course/training under the condition that the ticket booking is cancelled in writing (email is accepted, firstname.lastname@example.org) more than seven working days prior to the event. Any cancellation received less than seven working days prior to the event will not receive a refund unless there are exceptional circumstances, this will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
Promotional Packages (Featured at Networking Events) - All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the organiser to email@example.com full payment for the balance of your package will still be required unless cancellation is received in writing 30 days ahead of the event.
Special Events (Talking Tech, The B2B Exhibition, The Big Debate) – Each special event will set out individual terms and conditions depending on what the customer is booking (e.g. exhibition stand, sponsorship). Upon booking these, the customer will review and agree to the individual terms and conditions set out for these events.
Force Majeure – If an event is abandoned, cancelled or suspended in whole or in part by reason of war, fire, national emergency, labour dispute, strike, lock-out, civil disturbance, inevitable accident, the non-availability of the venue or any other cause not within the control of the organisers, the organisers may at their entire discretion, refund the ticket, sponsorship or stand space, or part thereof, but shall be under no obligation to do so. The organisers shall be under no liability to the customer in respect of any actions, claims, losses (including consequential losses), costs or expenses whatsoever which may be brought against or suffered or incurred by the customer, as the result of the happening of such an event.
Subscription to the Norfolk Chamber is for a calendar year. Refunds will not be issued part way through the year of membership. For more information about cancellation or membership, please see our ‘Cancellation of Membership Renewals’ policy.
All complaints must be received in writing to Norfolk Chamber of Commerce, 9 Norwich Business Park, Whiting Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 6DJ. All complaints will be dealt with within a acceptable timeframe.
Norfolk Chamber of Commerce is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Norfolk Chamber of Commerce may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14 th April 2006.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new courses, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which is stored on your computer's hard drive, cookies allow websites to remember your preferences, analyse website traffic and general improve user experiences.
How to control and delete cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce.
Norfolk Chamber of Commerce use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on norfolkchamber.co.uk websites on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please see below.
Norfolk Chamber of Commerce cookies
This is a list of the cookies set by the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce website, and what each is used for.
This cookie is used to allow the user to change the way the website is displayed. Found under accessibility.
This cookie is used to set the size of the text on the website. It is used for accessibility.
Session variable (e.g SESS…)
This cookie is used to allow you to sign in to the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce website, this cookie will remain on your computer for up to 30 days or until you click 'Logout'. Until that time, you'll remain signed in to the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce website.
Third Party Cookies
This is the list of cookies set by third parties on the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce website.
Norfolk Chamber of Commerce uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the site and compile reports for us on activity.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
How to reject or delete this cookie
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
9 Norwich Business Park
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.