Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety
Course Title; Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety
Aim; To equip delegates to put food safety management systems in to place, through detailed understanding of the hazards, legal requirements (including HACCP) and the issues surrounding the implementation of control measures.
* Understand the meaning of ‘management of food safety’, and the elements of a management system, including HACCP.
* Detailed understanding of the four main hazards; biological, allergens, chemical and physical.
* Understand the format of UK and European food safety legislation.
* Understanding operational procedures for cleaning and disinfection, pest control, design and construction of facilities etc.
* Managing people; information, training, supervision etc.
* Maintaining food safety management procedures; monitoring and verification.
* Liaise with enforcement officers
* Have sufficient technical knowledge to deliver level 1 and 2 food hygiene training (with appropriate training skills)
Duration; 5 day teaching programme + 1 day for assessment.
Dates; 21st, 22nd, 28th February, 1st & 8th March
Exam Date; 5th April
Exam/Assessment; Two hour controlled assignment and a 2.5 hour written examination (both normally completed on the same day). This is an Ofqual accredited qualification.
Cost; £597 plus VAT includes notes, refreshments, lunch, the assessment & certification fees. The course cost also includes a course book and a course folder with a resource CD & DVD
Tutor; Richard Mills
Differentiation; Prior knowledge of food safety is required: CIEH Level 3 Award in Food Safety would be desirable. Candidates should be familiar with, or aspire to, the role of management. This is a challenging course, technically and academically. Candidates require reasonable spoken and written English, and a moderate level of ICT ability. Access to a computer, for assignment research, email, etc is strongly recommended.
Audience; This qualification is for managers, supervisors and QA/QC/ senior hygiene personnel, who devise, implement and monitor/audit food safety systems, and for those who want to become trainers.
Feedback; "Richard Mills is without doubt the most knowledgeable, patient and diligent tutor and course leader I have met. You have made an arduous and technical subject live and breathe and have a relevance to my work every day since completing the course." Ben Cullis, Stoke High School, Ipswich
For more information on this course please do not hesitate to contact us on 01603 473732