Legal Expenses Insurance
What is Chamber Legal Expenses Insurance?
As a Norfolk Chamber member you automatically have access to legal services to support and protect your business.
The 24/7 Chamber Legal Advice Line is just a call away offering unlimited telephone-based advice to support you whenever you have a legal, employment, HR or tax query.
You also benefit from £1 million worth of legal expenses insurance to cover the cost of representing your business should you become embroiled in certain legal disputes.
Any business fortunate enough not to have been embroiled in a legal dispute can count themselves lucky. No matter how well you plan and manage your business you never know when you are going to face unexpected, expensive legal and professional fees.
In addition to the many employment related disputes businesses also find themselves having to defend Inland Revenue investigations and HSE prosecutions. Your business could also find itself involved in legal disputes relating to its property or with a Landlord.
Your business has access to up to £1,000,000 worth of professional fees each year to cover...
- Employment Disputes – Defending actions brought by employees, including unfair dismissal and discrimination claims.
- Employment Awards – Cover for employment tribunal awards.
- Prosecution Defence – Defending a criminal prosecution relating to your business including HSE prosecution.
- Tax, VAT, PAYE and NIC Investigations – Defence of a dispute arising out of an in-depth HMRC investigation.
- License Protection – Appealing against a decision to suspend, alter or revoke a statutory licence
- Data Protection Act – Defending civil proceedings bought against your business under the Data
- Property Legal Protection – Enables your business to pursue legal rights arising from negligent acts of others affecting your property.
- Landlord Disputes – Representing your interests in disputes with landlords over the business lease or tenancy agreement.
- Jury Service Allowance – Up to £1000 per claim to compensate for the loss of an employee attending court or tribunal.
Cover for your employees:
- Personal Injury Cover – Legal Expenses cover for all employees and their partners to pursue compensation if injury has arisen where someone else is at fault.
- Motor Legal Expenses Cover – Following a non-fault accident, recovery of any policy
Optional Enhanced Cover:
- Contractual Disputes – Legal costs associated with pursuing or defending a dispute relating to a contract entered into by the business for the purchase, hire or sale of goods and services.
- Debt Recovery – Legal costs in respect of money and interest due from another business for the provision of goods and/or services, professional fees and dishonoured cheques.
- Restrictive Covenants – Legal costs incurred as a result of pursuing a claim against an employee or ex-employee who is in breach of a Restrictive Covenant.
Download Chamber Legal Expenses Policy Wording PDF
Please download the Chamber Legal Expenses policy wording to fully understand all policy terms and conditions or speak to an advisor by contacting the Chamber Legal Advice Line.
It is a condition of the Chamber Legal Expenses Insurance Policy that members contact the Legal Advice Line as soon as they become aware of any issue that may give rise to claim so if in doubt please call immediately.