You are here
Cross-Sector Trade Mission to Philippines - March 2017
The British Chamber of Commerce Philippines is organising a cross-sector trade mission to Davao City. The activity aims to explore the business potential and commercial opportunities in Davao City and the rest of Mindanao. Mission delegates are expected to meet with key players form the public and private sectors as well as relevant Mindanao based contacts and potential partners.
Mindanao is open for business. With the rising urbanization in cities like Davao, General Santos, and Cagayan de Oro along with the business opportunities that lie on several sectors particularly on agribusiness, ICT, and infrastructure, there is indeed a large untapped potential in Mindanao for foreign investors and exporters.
- In 2014, Davao alone had the highest regional economic expansion in the Philippines at 9.4%.
- Mindanao’s total exports amounted to $5 billion (2015), of which banana and coconut oil accounted for $1 billion and $750 million respectively.
- Out of the 10 provinces with the highest coconut production in the country, 8 are in Mindanao.
- It is also home to 34 economic zones catering to multiple sectors, providing interested investors/locators with incentives to set up operations.
- Mindanao has a vast and untapped land area that can be developed for commercial and industrial use
Places for this trade mission are limited so please register your interest as soon as possible. Closing date for registration is 21 March 2017 - 5.00pm PHT.
For more information on this trade mission please email Rona Diaz.