You are here
Research shows there is a growing gap between business and young people; Norfolk Chamber wants to help bridge that gap by offering schools our discounted Young Chamber membership package. Norfolk Chamber is uniquely placed, with over 950 members, to create a strategic partnership between your school and the local business community. We will support you to deliver business engagement activities for your students that help them learn and develop the skills for their future. To help us achieve these goals, we have a Young Chamber Board which includes representatives from Norse, Aviva, and KakeCo entrepreneur Kieran Miles. Norse are also our first Young Chamber patron.
We can also help your school improve its Ofsted rating. We are here to help you develop a wide range of skills and information that students need to make career choices. Ofsted states that schools should be aiming to deliver ‘high quality, impartial careers guidance’, and help pupils prepare for the next stage of their education, training, or employment.
Please click here to download our Young Chamber leaflet.
Young Chamber Membership
We understand that the pressure and time constraints on teaching staff makes it difficult to achieve everything you would like to! Here are just a few of the ways Young Chamber membership can help you.
- Help to arrange business talks with a local employer
- Support recruiting business governors
- Student engagement through a Student Council Enterprise Champion (chosen from your students)
- Entry into National Education and Business Partnership Chamber Awards
- Access to business and education forums with businesses and other schools
- Local business intelligence including labour market, employment and skills trends
- Publicity on our website and in Norfolk Voice magazine (to 2,500+ business people in Norfolk)
- Free voucher to attend Norfolk Chamber networking event (value of £25)
- Use of the official Young Chamber, and Norfolk Chamber member, logos on your marketing materials to show your school is engaged with the local business community, raising your profile to potential students, teachers and parents.
- Plus all the business benefits of being a Chamber member such as free HR and Legal advice line
All this for just £350* + VAT per year (*includes £50 initial joining fee).
To join as a Young Chamber School member, please click here.
If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Nova Fairbank: email or call 01603 729713.
Young Chamber Student Council
This option can be added to a membership package.
Teachers and students have dedicated Chamber staff to help set up this new Student Council. We are here to offer advice and support from our business experience, and our members, to help students plan activities for their peers. We have many resources to help you, developed through our experience of running Student Councils since 2007.
Your students could benefit from:
Making their CV stand out with more experience and a
range of employability skills
- Speaking and networking with business people
- Raised aspirations, motivation, and confidence
- Information about the range of local organisations and
- businesses, to help them decide their next steps
- Putting their ideas into action, experiencing leadership, responsibility, and new achievements
- Having fun working together in a new Young Chamber team!
Sprowston High School
Sprowston have had an active Young Chamber Student Council for many years, supported by the Head of Work, Learning and Life Faculty, Jackie Bircham.
The students have run a number of enterprise activities in the school, as well as organising business visits. For example:
- 12 students volunteered at our B2B Exhibition 2016
- Your Future Careers Event delivered by Norfolk Chamber, event planning supported by students
- Developing Leadership: Networking Breakfast
- Enterprise Extravaganza
- Fundraising in school
Norwich School have started a Student Council in September 2016. They are developing these new leadership roles with their Lower Fifth students.
Initial ideas are looking at an event for entrepreneurs in the new Blake Studio.