Level 3 Award in Food Allergen Management for Caterers
Course Title; Level 3 Award in Allergen Management for Caterers
Aim; This qualification provides those who work within Catering businesses with the appropriate knowledge relating to the control of food ingredients and understanding of the process for ensuring that accurate ingredient information is available.
- To understand the different roles in ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed
- To understand the characteristics of food allergies and food intolerances
- To understand procedures relating to the accurate communication of ingredient information, from supplier to consumer
- To understand hygiene considerations with regard to allergen and ingredient control
- To understand procedures relating to the control of contamination and cross contamination of allergenic ingredients
Duration; 1 day course
Exam/Assessment; There is no formal assessment for this course – A course book is completed which is marked by your tutor
Cost; £185+VAT includes, notes, refreshments, lunch & the assessment
Awarding Body; Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC)
Tutor; Sarah Daniels
Differentiation; Recommended understanding and knowledge of basic food hygiene – ideally the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety taken within the last three years.
Audience; Those who are responsible for the purchase, delivery, production and serving food in the catering industry. The qualification is also suitable for Catering Business owners
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us on 01603 473732