Rescheduled Bridge Beam Delivery Dates:
The delivery of the 36.7m steel beams for the bridge that will carry the NDR dual carriageway over the Norwich to Sheringham railway has been rescheduled for next week after the police were unable to provide an escort this week.
The five abnormal loads will instead be moved on Tuesday 14 March, Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th. The route from Middlesborough will be along the A1, the A47 and the B1140 through Panxworth, reaching the bridge site from Plumstead Road, which will be closed for around 15 minutes for each arrival (between noon and 4pm).
The beams – five braced pairs - will arrive in halves and after assembly on site will be lifted into place on Sunday 9 April and/or Sunday 16 April, when the railway will be closed, with Bittern Line trains replaced by buses.
Temporary Traffic Lights:
The location of temporary traffic lights from Week Commencing 13 March will be as follows:
- Two-way off-peak lights Monday only (13 March) by Bell Farm (tree trimming for BT diversion)
- Three-way lights at Reepham Rd/Holly Lane on Monday (after morning peak) and Tuesday as part of the Hall Lane traffic calming works,
- Two-way lights on Reepham Road at Drayton Lane junction site Wednesday to Friday
Holt Road (B1149)
- Two-way lights at Drayton Lane roundabout site Monday to Wednesday and Friday.
- Three-way lights at Holt Road/Holly Lane on Thursday to form access into the compound off Holt Road next to junction ready for bridge beam deliveries.
Cromer Road (A140)
- The 24 hour two-way lights currently in use will continue throughout next week and are likely to remain until Monday 20 March.