You are here
Doing Business in Japan
FREE TO ATTEND
FREE TO ATTEND
Join us for our FREE international event, Doing Business in Japan, sponsored by Barclays
Our expert speakers will cover: Business Opportunities, Cultural Awareness and Finance
- Business Opportunities, Mr. Daisaku Yukita, JETRO London
- Cultural Awareness, Tom Bool and Shohei Yamaguchi, Integro Languages
- Finance, Jeff Evans, Barclays Trade and Working Capital
Japan is the world’s third largest economy in the world & it's the high-tech powerhouse economy of Asia. The amount of personal wealth is high, and personal financial assets are one of the largest asset bases in the world. In 2014 £9.4 trillion in financial assets was held by households.
Around 450 British companies currently operate in Japan from major FTSE 100 companies to small businesses. Incentives for UK businesses exporting to Japan include:
- stable place to do business
- strategic stepping stone for other Asian markets
- highly educated consumers who are early adopters of new products and services
- large and rich consumer market based in urban areas
- Tokyo conurbation is the world’s largest at around 35 million
Strengths of the Japanese market include:
- a huge, open economy
- an increasingly globalised outlook
- strong intellectual property (IP) protection
- hunger for new trends and technologies
- high levels of disposable income, particularly older people and young singles living with their parents
Daisaku Yukita is Deputy Director-General of Japan External Trade organization (JETRO) London office since July 2015. He is responsible for Invest Japan activities in Europe. He was Chief Deputy Director of Invest Japan Department and Deputy Director of Invest Japan Business Support Centre of JETRO Tokyo between 2009 and 2015.
Tom Bool is the Director of Integro Languages which was launched in 2007 and has grown into a globally recognised provider of premium quality translation and language services. They specialise in growing companies internationally.
Shohei Yamaguchi is a Japanese native and head of the Asian Division at Integro Languages
Jeff has been helping businesses with their finances for over 35 years, during which time he has seen many of them grow into large successful international companies. He now runs a team of experienced Trade and Working Capital Specialists covering the East and South East England.
Sponsor an Event
Norfolk Chamber is renowned for organising high quality businesses events and caters for every person and business. Our 70 events are attended by over 3,000 delegates each year with all including the opportunity for networking.