Could you be verified on Twitter?
As of July 2016, Twitter gave its many millions of users the ability to apply for ‘Verification’.
We completed the very simple application last week, and today (21 April) we received the all-mighty blue tick on our profile!
Why is it worthwhile?
- It legitimises your twitter account, setting you apart from impersonators
- Adds credibility to your business/twitter account
- It can lead to verification other sites, such as Facebook
- Helps you network online with other key influencers
- Can lead to a boost in new followers
- Gives you automatic verification on live-streaming platform Periscope
And finally, how do you actually do it?
- Fill in your Twitter profile completely – profile picture, cover photo, name, website and bio
- Add a verified telephone number and confirm your email address
- Add your birthday/the date your company was established
- Set your tweets to public
- Complete the verification form on Twitter
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch.
Jack Edwards - email@example.com